Speedboat plunges into Texas backyard and interrupts barbecue



A man living on the edge of a Texas bayou was shocked Sunday night when a speedboat interrupted his barbecue.

Vincent Silva from Dickinson in County Galveston was preparing food in his backyard when a woman was thrown from the incoming ship, which plowed a dock and in its backyard, local ABC affiliate KTRK reported.

Silva said a handful of people left the boat after the crash, but police told the station no one was seriously injured. A woman went to the hospital with pain in her shoulder.

No police report has been filed in connection with the incident, and local police are not sure if it was alcohol.

The boat, sporting the image of an American flag, was still sitting in Silva’s garden when the station filmed the damage on Monday. The boat passed through Silva’s neighbor’s boat towards his garden, he said. “It was a solid boat to get through it all,” he added.

The shipowner, who did not want to appear in the news segment, said he lost control while driving the boat. But Silva was not convinced by the explanation. “It just indicates that you are going too fast, that’s all. There is no other way to look at it,” he said.

In other maritime news, two brothers and another man in Australia were recently fortunate enough to escape after a large fish jumped into their boat while they were fishing in waters near New Wales. South. A 200 pound marlin jumped into their boat as the vessel was cruising at around 21 knots.

The marlin stabbed two of the men, injuring one in the arm and shoulder of the other. He then managed to leave the ship and return to the sea.

A crew member of a rescue helicopter told a local news station that the men were “in the wrong place at the wrong time”. “The gentleman who was closest to the fish saw it at the very last moment and raised his arm to protect himself, mainly his head, and that’s when the fish touched and caused most of the damage. damage, ”said crew member Michael Kerry. , Explain.

A man in Japan made headlines in August 2018 after being rescued from a desert island two days after being intoxicated from a boat. Hisateru Soejima, 53, was traveling by ferry from Hakata Wharf in Fukuoka Prefecture to nearby Shikanoshima. It slipped into the sea about two-thirds of the 30-minute trip.

Fortunately, he swam to a lighthouse on the uninhabited island of Hashima. He survived without assistance for two days, before being spotted by a nearby boat.



Comments are closed.