Speedboat owner and driver charged in ‘Tangmo’ death


Actress Nida “Tangmo” Patcharaveerapong (Photo by melonp.official Instagram account)

The owner and driver of a speedboat that carried TV actress Nida ‘Tangmo’ Patcharaveerapong to her death in Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River on Thursday have been charged with negligence and operating an unauthorized vessel .

Lt. Col. Pol Uthen Hongthong, the chief interrogator of Muang Police Station in Nonthaburi, said on Sunday that police formally filed a complaint on Saturday night against Tanupat “Por” Lerttaweewit, owner of the speedboat, and Phaiboon” Robert” Trikanjananun, who was leading the ship when Nida plunged to death on Thursday.

The two men, who were being held on arrest warrants issued by the Nonthaburi court, were charged with two counts: the first of operating an unauthorized vessel and the second of the more serious count of negligence resulting in the death of a person.

The latter is liable to a maximum fine of 200,000 baht or a maximum prison term of 10 years or both.

Mr Tanupat insisted on Saturday that his boat was legally permitted, but admitted that the tax on vessels this year was a few days overdue.

The other four people on the boat were Idsarin “Gatick” Juthasuksawat, Tangmo’s personal manager; Wisapat “Sand” Manomairat, another woman; and Nitas “Job” Kiratisoothisathorn.

Police questioned Mr. Tanupat and Mr. Phaiboon late at night at Muang police station, and police experts were called in to check their mobile phones to support the allegations in the presence of their lawyers.

Both men were released on bail on Sunday.

Police have questioned at least eight people so far, the five on board the boat, two ship warehouse owners and one other person whose name has not been released.

The owner of the boat told an army of reporters on Saturday that he and other friends were not wearing life jackets, but the boat had life rings in case of an emergency.

Ms Wisapat was in the back of the boat when Nida fell into the Chao Phraya, Mr Tanupat said.

The actress would have gone to the back of the boat to relieve herself.

Ms Wisapat said on Sunday she watched her mobile phone as Nida held her legs on the back of the boat before sliding into the river.

Ms Idsarin, the director of Tangmo, said she was looking at the river when the accident happened. She said the boat trip was only for sightseeing with friends and acquaintances.

Nida had not wanted to wear a life jacket as she wanted to pose for pictures on the boat in her bodysuit, she added.

The 37-year-old actress fell into the river around 10:40 p.m. Thursday. His body was found at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Her mother, Panida Sirayutthayothin, said she did not believe her daughter’s death was the result of an accidental fall.

Mr Tanupat, the owner of the speedboat, said on Saturday that everyone on the boat tried to find her after she fell into the river and contacted rescue agencies, police and boatyard owners to help. looking.

Nida’s body is still at the Police General Hospital awaiting a detailed autopsy. A police source said the autopsy result was expected later on Sunday.


Comments are closed.