APOLLONIA SHINDIG SCHOOL DETAILS
At RETI Center Blue City Barge – at Gowanus Bay Terminal (GBX), Red Hook.
Morning – 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – unloading of over 10,000 pounds of red oak logs for growing shiitake mushrooms – will be delivered via an electric cargo bike and trailer (solar powered) from the ship to Red Hook Farms in collaboration with the Cornell Small Farms program.
Afternoon – the ship’s crew goes out with the electric bicycle and the trailer to pick up the cargoes bound for the upstream ports:
- Bulk Coffee from Gotham Roasters at Red Hook (bound for Half Moon Rondout Cafe in Kingston)
- Individual coffee from Stone Street Coffee in Gowanus (upstream)
- Tea boxes from Mirror Tea House in Gowanus (to various upstream ports)
Late afternoon – ship’s crew available if people want to stop to pick up pre-ordered sailing freight merchandise from upstream producers (honey, hot sauce, cider, maple syrup, rolling papers, soap, etc.)
***MAIN EVENT: 5-7 p.m. Gulet Apollonia Shindig hosted by Barge RETI Center Ville Bleue courtesy of Gowanus Bay Terminal (GBX)
- Individual pre-order sailing cargo orders for in-person barge pickup
- Upstream Producers General Sail Freight Goods For Sale
- Demonstration of mushroom cultivation, Cornell Small Farms Team – 5.15 p.m.-5.45 p.m.
- Favorite Red Hook Music Jackson lynch – 6 pm-7pm
- Sandwiches for sale by Court Street grocery stores
- Beer made with sail freight malt and shipped downstream by sail freight from Hudson Valley Brewery in beacon
- Specialized postcards from Squid bath to send to friends via SAIL MAIL in upstream ports along the Hudson
This event was brought to you by:
Gowanus Bay Terminal and Brooklyn Equine.